How to Install Weighted Wattle
Weighted Wattles are designed for direct placement on hard surfaces such as parking lots and roadways during construction to contain runoff, allowing the clean-ish water to pass while holding back sediment.
1. Take to desired location, remove the bands and unfold. DO NOT DRAG.
2. Push the weighted inserts fully into the outer sock.
3. Soft Geotextile should be centered on the bottom – reposition inserts to get weighted
side down if necessary.
4. Connect by pushing the closed end of one Wattle fully into the open end of the next. Handling straps may be tied together for a more secure connection.
NOT ON YOUR PLANS – Write in Gator Guard wattles on the SWPPP as an equal or better BMP, sign and date. (if in-doubt, check with your engineer, contract administrator and/or agency official first)
Movable and reusable
How to Install Weighted Gutter Wattle
Weighted Gutter Wattles are placed diagonally across the gutter upstream from storm drains to form a small settling pond, allowing the clean-ish water to pass and sediment to drop out.
1. Place Gutter Wattle Diagonally across gutter and press into place with your feet.
2. Soft Geotextile should be centered on the bottom – reposition insert to get weighted side down if necessary.