Sediment Control Wattles
- Reusable or throw it away – it’s ok
- Economical and green, even for single use
Survives Tires & Tracks
Extreme wattle maintains almost full height after repeated drive-overs. Standard wattle becomes egg-shaped but can easily be kicked or formed back to round.
Although Gator Guard BMPs can be driven over it is not recommended. It can immediately or eventually destroy it and can cause track-out and litter.
Standard & Extreme with new stronger black fabric.
5 year life expectancy
Lightweight, 8 pounds per roll
Wattles 6 inch diameter x 25 feet
A 6″ Gator Guard Wattle has the same 5″ of freeboard as a 9″ straw wattle in a 4″ trench
Easy Install – Easy Removal
- Prepare a smooth 12 inch wide path
- Place wattle with apron up hill
- Pin apron every 3 feet
- Connect wattles with sleeve
- Place 1 inch of dirt on apron or place apron in a 3 inch trench and backfill
- To move or remove just pull up by hand and reuse
Install Nails Included
- Remove excess sediment after storms
- Repair cuts with caulk and pick up loose foam
- Dispose of wattle properly if damaged, deteriorated, or no longer needed
1 inch of dirt on apron minimizes underflow washouts
San Diego State University soils lab LA Basin 10 year storm equivalent 3:1 slope
1 kg soil loss
20 kg soil loss
45 kg soil loss
Watch how erosion begins and progresses on a 3H:1V compacted dirt slope. This 19-second time-lapse video from Gator Guard tests at San Diego State University Soils Lab shows how soil erosion occurs over an 80-minute simulation. Rainfall intensity increases from 2-in/hr for 20-min to 4-in/hr for 30-min to 6-in/hr for 30-min, for a total precipitation of 5.7-inches in 80-minutes. For comparison, a 10-year Los Angeles Basin storm event would occur in the first 18-minutes, or the first 4-seconds of time lapse video.
Request a free mini-sample from your local dealer or by calling Gator Guard
Use Gator Guard wattles in place of silt fence or straw wattles
Q:My SWPPP drawings Show silt fence and fiber rolls. How can I use Gator Guard wattles as an alternative BMP?
A:Most agencies allow and encourage equal or better products to be substituted for silt fence and fiber rolls. Just write in the substitution on your plan, sign and date it. If in doubt, check with your local agency first.
Do not use Gator Guard where a biodegradable product is required.
Extreme & Standard Foam
- UV resistant geotextile stuffed with photo-degradable closed cell recycled foam (standard)
- Each roll contains 14 capnails plus 2 zip ties for cut-to-fit and repairs
- Animal friendly
- 98% effective
- 20 times less soil loss than straw wattles
- Lower NTU’s
- Cleaner Streams
- Moveable and reusable
- Recycled material